As far as I am concerned, these are just rumors. However, I felt that since E3 is less than a week away, it would be fun to post them.
According to a source over at NeoGaf, the latest Wii U dev kits allow for the following features;
- Video Chat is available, but must be from the main menu of the system (not while playing a game).
- Voice Commands are available (similar to this rumor we heard about the 3DS maybe?)
- Facial Recognition (similar to features of the Xbox Kinect)
- Ability to suspend games, similar to 3DS.
- Ability to share achievements with friends by sending videos or screenshots with drawings on them.
- Watch a friend play online
- Multitasking (example: keep a text or video walkthrough open from the site while playing the game, swap back and forth as needed)
Oh, and a new game has been announced for Wii U – Jett Tailfin, an underwater racing game. This game certainly doesn’t look that impressive from the screenshots of the mobile version, but I will reserve my judgement until I actually see it in action on the Wii U.