Earlier today, an employee at TT Games (LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Batman) leaked a photo via Twitter of what is believed to be the new design of the Wii U controller. Among the changes are the analog sticks replacing the Circle Pads, the movement of the Start and Select buttons, and other smaller changes. Will this be the final design of the controller said to be revealed at E3 this June? Only time will tell.
List of changes:
- Analog sticks instead of Circle Pads, and moved out slightly.
- Start and Select buttons moved to right side under ABXY.
- Light-up ring around Home button.
- Microphone moved to left of Home button.
- Wii U logo added to bottom left.
- Battery light moved slightly to the left.
- Square button added between battery light and power button.
- Square button added under Control Pad.
- Looks as if it is slightly wider overall.