This time’s Pokemon is a story from the past!
Translation of the copy on the image above:
Set before the events in the games, Pokemon Red, Green, and Blue for the Gameboy, this game is set when the Pokedex was not around yet. Asked by Professor Fuji, a boy and a girl sets off on an adventure!
The main characters are Professor Oak, and one of the Elite Four, Agatha!
Your Pokedex is a sketchbook! Write your own Pokedex by drawing the pokemon with your touchpen!
These are the first pokemon you can get!
Articuno Moltres Zapdos
Pocket Monsters Sepia Pocket Monsters Monochrome
Which ever you choose changes your story.
- Playing as young Oak or Agatha (which implies there would be no Pokedex)
- Only about 100 Pokes, many dual-types not existing yet.
- Instead of Pokeballs, people use primitive man-mad balls from Apricorns, which you have to find and make yourself (thus making each Pokemon catch attempt more challenging) – rarer Apricorns – better catch rates, etc.
- Instead of catching wild Pokemon, you try and befriend them or flight them.
- After catching a certain species, you have a little cut scene of Oak/Agatha recoding the data, by drawing hte pokemon (which you do yourself), and then watch as they try and describe it, which will be the same info from the pokedex in Gen I-V.
- No boxes, just leave your Pokemon at a specific daycare center (one in each town), which can store up to 12 Pokemon at a time. When your all out of storage space, you either release them in the wild, or release them in the future Safari zone, where you can visit them again.
- By the end of the game, a small clip with several pictures come up, Oak and Agatha slowly growing older, slowly growing apart, the last pic is of Oak handing a Pokedex to two kids who you can’t see the face of.