Digiwi: Wii Composite Cables to Digital HDMI 720p

Digiwi: Wii Composite Cables to Digital HDMI 720p

by Bradley DeLorenzoMarch 2, 2009

digiwi_diagram

Digiwi has been verified to convert composite signals from the analog composite Wii cables to digital HDMI 720p!
Finally Wii owners can play their Wii on digital TV’s and experience the depth of colors and detail only available through digital HDMI.

There is also a component to HDMI adapter, both sell for 77$:

In an email I asked if they had any comparison screens, none yet, but I was told:
” This upconverts beautifully from composite analog (the lowest interlaced video signal) to HDMI. Component YPbPr Video has HD capabilities but is an analog signal. The DigiWi / DigiBox also converts analog to digital 720 progressive.
We expect reviews soon.”

component_hdmi

Bradley DeLorenzo
  • WakeFrog
    March 2, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Definitely try to get some comparison screens up as soon as they’re available. I have component cables at the moment which only allow the maximum of 480p at the moment. If there’s enough of a difference between my setup and the 720p claimed, I’ll buy it.

Thanks!

• James
    March 2, 2009 at 9:52 pm

This just allows the Wii to connect via HDMI, it’s not going to give you a 720p signal it will just upscale everything.

• March 3, 2009 at 12:15 pm

So does this improve the graphics at all?

• nils
    March 4, 2009 at 3:28 am

My god the ignorance, this will just upscale everything, no new color or detail will emerge.

• March 4, 2009 at 10:58 am

If you read the post, it clearly states that it will upscale everything. It doesn’t say anything about AWESOME SUPER FUN TIME GRAPHICS!

Also, this address’s a very specific problem that I’ve been asked and that is:

From an email three days ago:
      I need a Wii cable that converts Wii’s out put cable to an hdmi cable…will this cable solve my video and audio input issues on my Vizio TV set?…Shortest cable possible because the Wii cable is all ready adequate length. Thank you for information on this matter.

DANA

• March 4, 2009 at 3:43 am

Be careful on how you use the term graphics since it’s really a dirty word that’s misused nowadays.

But if by graphics you mean the engine that the game was built on, then of course no.

But if graphics as in the video display quality, then yes it’s improved because it’s upscaling from 480P quality to have finer edges based on the HDMI interface. Regularly, the video is blurry when you maximize or zoom in on a 480i/480P display.

The purpose of this product is so people can plug in their component equipment to monitors, that today, only has DVI and/or HDMI inputs.

// Roth

• Jamesjang
    March 15, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Thanks to all. I have a ceiling mount projector with hidden HDMI to the revceiver/switcher and a 133″ screen. No way to connect the Wii was a drag till this advice. Thanks, I’m buying the DigiWi. Hope it’s easy to hook up.

• Scwblood
    June 25, 2009 at 12:08 pm

What about sound? does it transfer sound into the HDMI?

• Hates All Online Smart asses
    November 22, 2009 at 7:53 am

@ Nils,

You goddamn retard… learn some manners (Dum Svin!).

• October 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm

High definition multimedia interface Wires Hdmi can be a compact audio online video interface for transmitting uncompressed digital information. It represents a digital option to client analog criteria, for example radio frequency coaxial cable television, composite online video, S-Video, SCART, component movie, D-Terminal, or VGA.

• Lciprich
    November 26, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Maybe not, but if you have a laptop that you would like to use with your Wii when you travel, and your laptop only has an HDMI connection for a tv connection, and is Windows 7, 64 bit, so your old Pinnacle Linx USB to AV connector won’t work either, this seems like a viable solution.

• Igraphix
    December 8, 2011 at 5:55 pm

just buy a flat screen with composite inputs along with the hdmis like I did-  fantastic output on mine!!!  – Sid